Very often you will need to use an FTP client to upload and edit codes to the instance. Filezilla is covered here, however the process will be almost similar for any other FTP/SFTP client.
1. Open Filezilla. Under File > Site Manager setup the credentials needed to upload files.
- Under Host, provide the Public IP Address of the instance.
- For Protocol, select SFTP.
- For Logon Type, select the option Key file.
- The User is ubuntu.
- For Key file, provide the path to the key file
When the Connect button is clicked, Filezilla attempts to connect to the instance. An “Unknown Host Key” window pops up, click Ok here.
[sudo chown -R ubuntu /var/www/html sudo chmod -R 755 /var/www/html]
Connecting Instance with FTP Client
Following these two commands you can create and upload files from FileZilla to our server directory in the instance.